1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant uninstall programs and I dont have any space

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by stingray_on, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stingray_on

stingray_on Thread Starter

My system crashed after SP2 and it basically reformatted my hard drive, I had more then 4 G's on my C drive and 19 G's on my D drive before the crash. Now, I have 1 G's left on my C drive. The problem is that whenever I want to unistall programs it gives me an error message saying it cant uninstall because it cant find files and it ends with the letters isu.

What does that mean and how can I uninstall the programs? I tried to use system restore but it doesnt let me go back to August. My SP2 was Sept 6 and I had no restore points the first few days.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

2. keithy397

keithy397

Hi,

The .ISU files relate to the install/uninstall shield. Have a look here for info. Sound like you'll have to repair or replace it. That's the limit of my knowledge.

Good luck.

3. stingray_on

I cant seem to return my restore point before sept 6 when my computer crashed. Does anyone know how to go to the previous month. When I clicked on the arrow indicating previous month nothing happens.

4. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    Microsoft's Disk Cleanup has the ability to remove all but the most recent restore points. Perhaps someone had run this on you.

Apart from this I can't think of anything else.

5. stingray_on

I get an error message saying # cannot be find. I cant get rid of the sucker.

any help

6. J-Son

J-Son

ok first to say system restore wouldnt fix ya comp cause it doesnt mange space only files

and get a program called partition magic and use it and then add some space from d to c

but i see you have another problem(and sp2 only takes up a gig and if your drive reformatted how come stuff still one it) and hmmm i cant think of anything but to delete everything then open up add/remove files and it will say cant find folder maybe already deleted wanna remove from list

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272751

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice