1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Uninstall VB6.0, tries to install Mediaone+ instead.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by JSam69, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JSam69

JSam69 Thread Starter

I have XP pro. In the add/remove programs menu, Visual Basic 6.0 is listed as taking up 16 g of disk space. When I click on remove, a menu pops up asking me if I would like to install Mediaone+. I obviously don't, so I click cancel. This then cancels the uninstallation as well.

Recently, I downloaded McAfee Viruscan 7.1 from my school network. When trying to install that, the same menu pops up asking me if I want to install mediaone+. When I click cancel, it cancels the installation of VS 7.1 as well.

I don't know what this is. I ran adaware and Spybot S&D, assuming that it was spyware, but the problem still exists. I even ran regedit.exe and deleted all instances of "Mediaone+". Still nothing.

I even went through with the mediaone+ installation, just to see what would happen. It installed the program as usual, but the pop up menu still remained when trying to install McAfee and while trying to uninstall VB.

Please help me. Thanks,

-Joe

2. rude

rude

3. JSam69

JSam69 Thread Starter

I downloaded the utility. Mediaone+ doesn't show up, even when it is installed, so I can't remove it.

Is this a virus? I'll go to the mediaone site and ask them, but that is just so weird. What would viruscan and visual basic have in common that would trigger this?

4. rude

rude

Are you getting any error messages,if so,can you post the entire message?

5. JSam69

JSam69 Thread Starter

No. I'm not getting any error message. The only problem that I'm having is when I try to install McAfee Viruscan 7.1, a menu box pops up and asks me if I would like to install mediaone+. If I say yes, it installs mediaone. If I say no, it cancels the setup. I can't get McAfee on my computer, and that's really all I care about.

6. rude

rude

If you have a mediaone+ folder in your program files,open it and look for an uninstaller.If that doesn't work,let the mediaone+ installation continue to completion then try the The Windows Installer CleanUp Utility again

7. Arky

Arky

Mediaone+ is an MP3 player. Do a Google or Yahoo search for more info.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!