1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can't unintalled MSN MESSENGER!!!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Ankit, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ankit

Ankit Thread Starter

when i try to uninstall msn messanger it says that

this feature you are trying to uuse is a network resourse that is unavaliable?????

i went to add/remove programs and click on msn messanger 5.0 and clicked on remove and that message keeps coming back uppp i want to uninstall it and reinstall it beccause some of the shortcuts do not work like the one on my start menu

someone please help me UNINSTALL MSN messange

TANKYOU

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Ankit- What version of Windows do you use....and, are you networked to another computer to use the Internet? By that, I mean actually connected, either by wireless or cable....to another pc...or do you connect through a DSL, cable, or hub or router?
    Have you checked the Help for MSN Messenger?
    Messenger can be set to run at startup...it may not want to uninstall if set so that part of it is running.
    Have you tried the Program uninstaller, if it has one? Tried uninstalling from Safe Mode?

3. Ankit

Ankit Thread Starter

i am not sharing my internet with no other computer because i only have one computer and also

when i went to add/remove programs and click on remove it went to install or sumting and this is what it said :

the feature you are trying to use is a network resoue that is unavalible

click on okay to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package

use feature from
    c:\windows\temp\1xpoo.tepm\ <==this is what the opion they gave me and they wouldn't me let click on BROWSE!!!

please someone help me with this so i can uninstall this program and install it over again so this problem doesn't keep happening !!

ThNAKYOU!

4. Byteman

Ankit, I am a patient man....what Windows version are you using>?

5. Byteman

Skip the Windows question....here is the Help for MSN 5.0 with uninstall directions....you shut down the active part of it to uninstall. I asked about what version of Windows you have, as it needs to run under win98se or ME.

To uninstall MSN Messenger:
    Click the MSN Messenger icon in the taskbar, and then click Exit.
    Click the Windows Start button, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
    Select MSN Messenger from the list and click the Add/Remove button.

_____
    http://messenger.msn.com/support/helphome.asp?client=1#Q2c

6. Ankit

Ankit Thread Starter

i am using windows 98

7. Ankit

Ankit Thread Starter

i tried it but it didn't work it says the samething

windows cannot find this path c:\windows\temp\1xpoo.tepm\

:confused:

this is what it also said when i click okay

click ok to try again or enter and alternate path to a folder containing the installation package
    'MsnMsgs.msi' in the box below use feature from
    c:\windows\temp\1xpoo.tmp\

loll i didn't know that uninstalling MSN MESSANGER can be this hard :(

8. Ankit

Ankit Thread Starter

can someone please help me wid ma uninstallation on msn messanger??

this is what i tried soo far i've tried deleting the msn icon off my taskbar and trying to uninstall it from ADD AND REMOVE PROGRAMS menu

when i tried it goes that the file 'MsnMsgs.msi' can not be found and the only path they gave me to browse from is c:\windows\temp\1xpoo.tmp\
    and they go that this path is incorrect , loll this is started to get on my nerve but please if someone is willing to help me then i'd appreciate it :D

i am running a windows 98 and i currently have msn 5.0

THANKYOU!

9. Ankit

Ankit Thread Starter

I guess no one knows :(

10. Ankit

Ankit Thread Starter

i even tried to install msn 5.0 over it again and still no effect still that error keeps coming up

the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

click OK to try again , or entre an alternate path

(the only path they give me is this one )( and they won't even let me click on browse)

use feature from
    c:\windows\temp\1XPOOO/TMP\

i am running on a windows 98 and i need help:confused:

11. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

run regedit
    click edit find
    and type
    \windows\temp\1XPOOO/TMP\

delete any keys you find with this value.
    then you'd ahave to reinstall it to uninstall it through add/remove programs.

12. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Whoops, I mistyped, try again with
    \windows\temp\1XPOOO\TMP\ instead of
    \windows\temp\1XPOOO/TMP\

13. xcks

xcks Guest

How about disconnecting the phone line to your computer. then try to uninstall msn messenger. Also make sure that in Outlook Express weather you use it or not ...... under Tools/MSNMessenger/Accounts In the Net Passport Account
    Sign-In Name/Password clear both boxes (you will need to re-enter this information when you complete your new download. Also MSN has just completed one of their fantastic "tune-up jobs, may just have to wait a bit??? good luck

14. Ankit

Ankit Thread Starter

now when i go to user panel and then add remove programs it says that the configuration data for this product is corrupt :(

i dont know what is going onn!!!!!:(

15. Ankit

Ankit Thread Starter

first when i tried with \windows\temp\1XPOOO\TMP\ it gave me nutting and when i tried wid this C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\IXP000\TMP\ ,while it was still searching . i went downstairs to eat and my stupid little brother deleted a path or sumting .

now when i go to add/remove programs it says that :
    the configuration data for this product is corrupt

i dont know what to do ,i'd really appreciate it if someone would help me out with this problem

thankyou soo much!!!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117088

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice