Can't unload IE 7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Chillywillie

After updating to 7.0 musicmatch stopped working. I unloaded 7.o but when trying to download 6.0 it says it has detected a newer version of IE and won't allow it to install.

Chillywillie

Hi Schusterjo , Chillywillie here. I went to the Microsoft site you recommended. I ran the register edit and tried to uninstall 7.0 but It is still in my computer. I have 2 users on my computer, on one side the Icon for the explorer is 6.0 and on my other user the Icon is 7.0. The reason I am trying to go back to 6.0, because 7.0 conflicks with my Musicmatch 7.5 jukebox. Thanks in advance Chillywillie.

See if you can complete an install by first doing this -- run regedit and navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}

In the right pane modify the "isinstalled" value from a 1 to a 0

I recommend setting a system restore point before making any changes.

>>> By the way -- have you tried doing a System Restore to a date prior to your install of IE7?

That would be the best approach.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online