Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't Unpair Bluetooth Devices?

1K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  recDNA 
#1 ·
I'm on 8.1 with all updates installed. My Asus Zenbook does not support Windows 10 (I tried but had to revert because no drivers available for some functions. Asus does not rate my Zenbook as 10 compatible.) Anyway I am having problems with Bluetooth mouse. The only way to get it to work is to set mouse to pairing mode, select unpair the mouse in windows, then it pops up and select pair. It will now work fine until I restart the computer then must repeat process. There are 2 devices listed as paired for Bluetooth.If I select unpair for either or both it will not unpair them. It's like I need to clean bluetooth and start over. I do not want to reinstall windows because it is such a pita to get Asus drivers and reinstall software. Is there any other way. to get the old bluetooth devices to unpair? I have a feeling if they would completely unpair and be gone that when I pair again the mouse may work normally.

#4 ·
If you uninstall the driver, and do not tell it to delete the driver file, then the same driver should be "found" by Windows and reinstalled when you Restart the system.

For safety--find the latest bluetooth driver on Asus's web site if you can. And, if you find it, download.

Check and record the version and date of the currently installed driver before taking any action.

#5 ·
I will hold that suggestion in abeyance in case someone has another that doesn't involve screwing with drivers. I can't begin to tell you the driver problems I've had over the years.

BTW, are you saying if I uninstall the driver, do nothing else, then restart computer the driver will be instantly reinstalled by windows without me doing a thing?

#10 ·
I know nothing about Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator so I searched for it and read some of the articles. They may be causing the problem. Try disabling them; you can always go back and enable if that causes more problems.

#11 ·
I think I may have solved the problem. First I went to device manager and selected hidden devices under view category. I then uninstalled the 2 mice under bluetooth heading and under mouse heading. Next I went to bluetooth settings and I was able to unpair the mice (before this always failed) . Next I went to services and chose bluetooth support services and restarted it even though it was running. Finally I went to bluetooth settings and enabled other devices can find this computer and see its name. Finally I went to bluetooth add device and was able to pair my mouse. It connected and worked. I did a restart and it still worked. The other mouse I never used is still gone from the list.

I've had this problem for months. No idea what causes it. Lots of posts about it going back to 2013 so apparently always been a Windows 8 issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.