1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can't update antivirus

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by radioguy949, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. radioguy949

radioguy949 Thread Starter

I thought I posted a question here about 5 days ago from another computer but I couldn't find it in a search. The computer I used before will not access the internet now. The other computer is a HP laptop running Vista OS. I am using a paid for AVG antivirus. When I checked it last weekend it said the last update was Mar 5. It would not let me update. I tried to download the update manually from the AVG website which seemed to work but the upate from directory tool did not work. I have a wireless network in my house and I think that this computer is comprimized as well. I have tried Microsofts malware removal tools with no luck. I am not sure what to do now. Please help!!

Thanks in advance

2. radioguy949

I did some more reading and I have attached the log file

Attached Files:

3. radioguy949

may be my post got lost. Posted on Apr.3
    Thanks

4. radioguy949

bump please
    It appears that I do not know how to use a FORUM or threads. Would someone please tell me why I haven't received a reply that I can find? What am I doing wrong? I have tried different malware scanners on the computer. This only makes things worse. What now? Please help!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914579

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice