1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Can't Update BIOS On Gigabyte MotherBoard

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by spirittoo, Oct 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spirittoo

spirittoo Thread Starter

I have a GA-M68MT-S2 Rev. 3.1 mobo. I am having problems with the computer locking up at times so I wanted to update the BIOS from FB to FC. I put the file to (got it from Gigabyte website for that board for the OS I am running) ... update the BIOS on a flash drive. I have it in the USB port on the mobo. When I go to Q Flash and ask it to update the BIOS it tells me drive not found. Can't do it while in windows either ... what can I do???(n)

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

1. Is the flash drive formatted FAT file system
    2. QFlash

Updating the BIOS with the Q-Flash Utility

A. Before You Begin

From GIGABYTE's website, download the latest compressed BIOS update file that matches your 1. motherboard model.

Extract the file and save the new BIOS file (e.g. X79UD7.F1) to your USB flash drive or hard drive. Note: 2. The USB flash drive or hard drive must use FAT32/16/12 file system.

Restart the system. During the POST, press the <End> key to enter Q-Flash. Note: You can access Q-Flash 3. by either pressing the <End> key during the POST or pressing the <F8> key in BIOS Setup

For full details please see user guides
    http://www.gigabyte.com/webpage/20/HowToReflashBIOS.html

3. spirittoo

spirittoo Thread Starter

Well sir ... I set it up for exFAT that was the only other option ... then did a quick format on the flash drive .... copied the file ... tried it again and got the same message of drive not found. :cry:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  4. Macboatmaster

What OS please

select FAT32 and default allocation size
    What capacity is the flash pen
    Have you tried by entering BIOS QFlash with End key

what happens when you try in windows

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  5. spirittoo

spirittoo Thread Starter

Well sir ... I was finally able to update the BIOS on the board ... the problem was the USB flash drive ... it had to be FAT32 and that was not an option on the scan disc flash drive I tried to use only exFAT was an option ... I got a PNY flash drive that could be formatted in FAT32 ... I downloaded the zip file from the website unzipped the files on the flash drive, the mobo was able to see it and I was able to update from FB to FC.:)

6. Macboatmaster

Thanks for posting pleased it is fixed

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1158605

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice