Cant Use Joypad with San Andreas

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jamie078

Hi guys,

I recently bought GTA SA for the PC. I completed it on the PS2 and thought the game was the greatest game ever but when I try to use my joypad only the left analog stick and a few other buttons work. I tried re-mapping the buttons but still only a few buttons can be used. The joypad works properly on my PS2 so it's not the joypad thats the problem.

Has anyone else got this problem or is it something I have or haven't done properly?

jamie078 said:
Hi guys,

I recently bought GTA SA for the PC. I completed it on the PS2 and thought the game was the greatest game ever but when I try to use my joypad only the left analog stick and a few other buttons work. I tried re-mapping the buttons but still only a few buttons can be used. The joypad works properly on my PS2 so it's not the joypad thats the problem.

Has anyone else got this problem or is it something I have or haven't done properly?

I think thats the way it is. The left analogue stick works for direction. The right one mirrors some of the buttons. Ie reverse or etcd. I can cope with this. I use the pad for driving and the keyboard for running etc. It really is no big fdeal. But it beats driving with the keyboard. :)

Does it need drivers? If so, are they the newest?
Is there a program that also helps it to work?..

Just sounds like the PC isn't seeing all the buttons and needs a driver, or program to tell it how many there are..

Driving isn't too bad with the mouse.. Takes some getting used to but it works..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts