1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can't use microsoft office 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by 3p0l, Jun 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 3p0l

3p0l Thread Starter

I can't use any microsoft office and whenever I open any program the message appeared that "microsoft office word has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application." .I found out that if I turn off the UAC(user account control) I can use microsoft office without any problem. The problem is I want to turn on the UAC and I can open the microsoft office without any problem regarding some issues with UAC. Can somebody please help me out. I report this one in microsoft website but it didn't help me out.

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

Why, it is flawed, I turn it off on all client systems. Do you have a paid version of Ms Office or is this a trial version they ship on every pc?

3. ashpeteru

ashpeteru

Good day.. Try to reinstall again your operating system. It might work.

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    It appears to me that when Office was installed it wan NOT installed for ALL users, just the one user that doing the install.

Do you have any other user accounts on this machine?

5. 3p0l

3p0l Thread Starter

no I have only 1 account and that is the administrator. Well, I tried reinstalling it 5 times and still the same problem. I have paid MS office. At first we have trial version and it has the same problem so we bought the ms office but the same problem again. I think the windows vista has the ownership issue regarding this. I've search for it but it's too complicated to me because I'm a newbie in vista.

6. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    I hope it is NOT "The Administrator" account but a Account of the Administrator Group.

If it is "The Administrator" account, then you need to make yourself a User Account of the Administrator group and give it a try.

What is the make and model of this machine?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/832500

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice