1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can't use password to change settings

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by gizzmo722000, Apr 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gizzmo722000

gizzmo722000 Thread Starter

I can't change my settings with my password. When I enter my password it tells me my password is incorrect. How come I can use my password to allow access from the message pop-up but I can't use it to change my settings?

2. gizzmo722000

I can't use my password to change settings? Can anyone please help

3. Corrosive

Corrosive

Could you be a little bit more specific? You know, us tech's may be pretty good at solving you're IT woes, but we ain't psychic. What program are you trying to get into? What OS are you using? Is it a password for a website, and if so could you tell us what that site is? You know, it really does help.

4. gizzmo722000

When I go into program control or any of the other system control's to change settings it asks for your password. The sign comes up telling me (The zonealarm pro password you typed in is not correct. You don't have the right to change setting. Please try again.) What I want to do is go into games and the chat room on yahoo but it won't allow access because the setting is to high to allow me into the sites. Could you tell me what OS is?

5. Corrosive

Corrosive

OS stands for Operating System (Windows 98, ME, NT5 et alia). I still can't work out what you're problem is. Anyone? :confused:

6. gizzmo722000

I'm using windows 98. When I want to get into games or chat rooms it won't let me, or when my children want to check thier e-mail it won't let them because of how the security settings are too high. It won't reconize the password that I type. This is what I'm doing, going into ZA icon and bringing up the overview screen, when you go into program control or any of those settings to change them it asks for you password, when I enter my password it comes back and says ( The zonealarm pro password you typed in is not correct. You do not have the right to change setting. Please try again) :confused: :confused:

7. gizzmo722000

Does anyone understand what I'm saying. I can't use my password to change security settings. Anyone change there settings should understand what I'm talking about. How about this, I want to uninstall zonealarm but when I enter my password it won't take the password to let me uninstall this software. UNDERSTAND???????????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :mad: :mad: :mad:

8. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

9. gizzmo722000

I entered intoZA and entered my password and it won't take my password. This is what my main problem is IT WON'T LET ME ENTER . My password keeps coming up not accepted, WHY? I even had them change it and it still doesn't work?:confused: :confused:

10. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Gizzmo did you read and follow the instructions here?

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/128559

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice