Can't use the Nvdia Smart scan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Yew

I made a mistake by uninstalling the Nvdia files on my PC so I'm currently going here https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-us to reinstall them back. However I keep on getting this message(in the attached picture here) and the Smart scan that is supposed to run before installing the Nvdia files won't run at all no matter what I try. I've tried using Google Chrome,Mozilla Firefox,Internet Explorer and Opera but I still get the same message. (The NVIDIA Smart Scan requires the latest version of Java.Click on the 'Java' icon to install java ). How do I bypass all this and get the Smart scan to run?Nvdia.jpg

If the smartscan requires Java to run, then it must be installed. Just follow the instructions. If something is Required, there is no way to skip it.

Yew

As Lunarlander has mentioned, you need to download Java, which can be found here.
I've already downloaded Java, uninstalled and reinstalled many times. I used different browsers like Google Chrome,Mozilla Firefox,Internet Explorer and Opera but they all failed to detect Java. The system "behaves" as if I had never downloaded Java at all.

Last edited:
Obviously, after downloading the Java exe. file, you then installed it by whatever method it suggested, usually by double clicking it?

There is a 'Retired' Java Tester website which is no longer maintained but does have a lot of information that may still be useful: https://javatester.org/index.htm

I suspect that the browser you use might have very little effect on what happens because modern versions may refuse to work with Oracle Java because of its serious security issues. Perhaps Internet Explorer may still work with it?

I've already downloaded Java, uninstalled and reinstalled many times
Java aplets are not supported by x64 bit browsers AND no longer supported by many x86 browsers.

You can get it working with 32bit firefox and 32bit Java runtime.

Couriant

James
I think Internet Explorer may have a different installer. Try downloading the install from Internet Explorer (and not Edge) and see if it works because Java states IE is still compatible.

Yew

Never mind. My PC also has some other problems now so I'll bring it to a repair centre. Thanks for all your answers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online