Cant use windows update...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BumontheRun

I just formated my computer and went to use windows update, but it says i am not a computer administrator. I checked the user accounts and i am and it doesn't work under the administrator accound either. I am on windows xp pro...

Any help?

Thanks

BumontheRun

I formatted my computer and reinstalled and i got the update now problem...did what they said on that page and then i got the administrator problem. I am a administrator, i tried with zonealarm turned off, and it still doesn't work.

right click the windows update icon and select run as. Then selst the administratot....Also you could try the safe mode with networking and log in as administrator .

BumontheRun

ok...i the site is working somehow...it finds things i need but when its done download and it trys to install i get this error

the little error box that pops up...not the direct x stuff...so how can i fix that so i can install these updates?

Click "start" then "Run" the type in dxdiag and press "ok"

Allow this to check digital driver signatures on load, and then click each tab, noting the errors inthe bottom of each page. youmay find info or updates there.
You can click the "save all information" button to save the log as a log file.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online