1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't view download from university

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ellenbeth, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ellenbeth

ellenbeth Thread Starter

I have Windows XP and Internet Explorer. I am having trouble with viewing frame downloads from the university I attend. I set the security feature to accept all downloads from that site. I can view the frames that are in html, but I can't view the frames that are docs. I don't completely trust the university website, so it may be them. They haven't gotten all the bugs worked out of their system. It may be me and just not knowing what to do to fix this. This is a real pain in the neck when I'm trying to do homework, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

3. ellenbeth

ellenbeth Thread Starter

Thanks, but it's a different problem. Let me see if I can explain. The university has a website where students upload assignments. When I uploaded my assignments that I saved as a Word doc, it would tell me that I had uploaded it. When I tried to download it so I could view it on the site, I couldn't see it in the frame. At first, there was a pop-up blocker that wouldn't let anything download. I changed that so that anything from the university would be able to be downloaded. I started saving my documents as a webpage, and that seems to have fixed the problem for now, but I still can't view the old doc ones. This might seem confusing, but I thought someone might know about the pop-up blocker or some reason I couldn't access the docs.

4. Maritimesea

Maritimesea

What pop up blocker was it. If you've removed it perhaps it left some settings in the registry that is still affecting your viewing capabilities within your browser. Search for the "Name of Pop up blocker" registry keys that may have been left behind and remove them.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328131

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice