Can't view game intro

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Spu

aaaahhhhhhh, help, what have I done? I think I might of done something stupid. You know when you get bored and you start opening programs in your Windows directory just to see what happens . . . . . well i've done that.

Now when I start games with intro's, such as Delta Force & The Sims (havent tried any other games yet), I can't see the intro although I can hear the intro music. Although not seeing the intro to The Sim's isn't that important, with Delta Force it is because you need to navigate round it to select what type of mission, etc. When I run Delta Force it goes to a black screen, then puts it in a window (maximised), and then nothing although i can hear all the sounds (can't see the mouse pointer, if that helps).

Am I right in thinking its not Direct X which is the problem as I can play the game fine (The Sims) and I can hear the music. Just to be sure I upgraded to Direct X 8.1 from the Microsoft Site.

I'm running Windows 2000, Direct X 8.1, all the critical and recommeded updates from the Microsoft site, Pentium 2 450mhz, 256ram, SiS 5598/6326 display adapter, C-Media soundcard, er. . . . what else? . . . . my mum's maiden name is Healey er . . . . I'm 6 foot and I drive a white car.

Thanks for the help

Spu

Two things I can think of

One update your video drivers from sis

second would be that the intro's are avi's and a reinstall of media player may help

Spu

i've tried updating my display drivers and no luck.

the intro's are interactive (delta force) so they can't be avi's as they aren't interactive (is that right?)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online