1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't view Hi Def quicktime movie files in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by aussiedent, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aussiedent

aussiedent Thread Starter

Hi

Im using windows 7 64bit and cannot view Hi DEF quick time files. Im wanting to edit video in Cyberlink power director 8 but neither PD or windows will view the files. I have sound and a white thumbnail only. They were made in Final cut pro.

I read this on an differnt forum for a MAC solution..

Yes, it is true that the HDV codec, and others, only come with FinalCutPro. However, if you know someone that has FCP, the codec is is only one file and can be easily copied over without having to install the entire FCP application on your machine.

The codecs are located on your Mac in the /Library/Quicktime folder. The HDV codec is called 'AppleHDVCodec.component'. If you can find someone that has it (or I’m sure it is floating around the internet somewhere) you just need to drop it into that folder and your HDV encoded files that once only played audio will play just fine.

After figuring this out today, we tested it on a Mac without FCP and it worked like a champ.

I now have the file but have no idea where to put it for it to work or if it will work in Windows 7.

Any help appreciated

2. lordsmurf

lordsmurf

That won't work in Windows, no.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/943868