1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't view some images

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by royy2, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. royy2

royy2 Thread Starter

When I open up my browser (IE 6.0) and go to a web site, some of the images do not show up. There is a red "x" in the upper left corner and some say "page cannot be displayed".
    I have tried setting the security settings to low, but that does nothing. I run Windows XP. Any ideas? Thanks much.

2. kalangadoo

kalangadoo

g'day mate, I am having the same problems with inserted pictures not opening in emails that have been sent to friends, I will be most interested to see what response you receive from your query.
    My friend "Member" has posted a request for assistance so if you keep an eye on his posting you may find the answer to your problem.

kalangadoo

3. rrlr420

rrlr420

your firewall or ad blocking settings must be making this happen. Try lowering their settings or temporally disable them and try the same site. Clear all cache first.

4. royy2

royy2 Thread Starter

I tried that and it's still the same.

5. kalangadoo

kalangadoo

G'day mate,
    I have just solved my problem by going to O/E, Tools, Options, Send, HTML Settings, and ticking "send pictures with emails", perhaps this could overcome your problem as well.

Good luck, kalangadoo. (y)

6. royy2

royy2 Thread Starter

My e-mail attachments show up fine, it's just some pictures on web pages. They do not show up and only have a little red "x" in the corner. Thanks anyhow.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/288867