1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't "view source".... Help!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by janragan, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. janragan

janragan Thread Starter

Just checked other posts here regarding "view source" on Internet pages. Mine has worked fine until, I guess, yesterday. It worked the last time I tried to use it. Have cleared cookies, cache and run cleanmgr. No help. Some of the pages I have tried to view are my own so I know they are not blocked. This is a function I rely on a lot and would appreciate suggestions/help as to what is wrong.
    Thanks,
    Jan

2. Mr_Webmaster

Mr_Webmaster

is the view source option greyed out?

3. janragan

janragan Thread Starter

No, it looks like it always does. When I click it there is a sloght "blip" (for lack of a better description) but nothing else happens.

4. Mr_Webmaster

Mr_Webmaster

go into your internet options and make sure the HTML editor is set to Notepad.

5. janragan

janragan Thread Starter

Lets see...checked and it was set on "Microsoft Word For Windows". If that was a change...don't understand how/why???? Changed it to "notepad" tried several different pages...still nothing!

6. Mr_Webmaster

Mr_Webmaster

7. janragan

janragan Thread Starter

Thanks will do! Have been having other IE problems...maybe it will help that also :eek:)

8. Mr_Webmaster

Mr_Webmaster

Glad to help:D

9. janragan

janragan Thread Starter

Whoa!!! Help! Help some more! Went to add/delete programs to uninstall the old sp1...asked if I wanted to "repair" clicked yes...restrated ...still no view source. Went to link downloaded and reinstalled sp1...still no view source! I am just about "dazed & confused"! Thanks!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!