1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't view video's anymore!

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by TechHead84, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TechHead84

TechHead84 Thread Starter

This goes for all formats (mpeg, avi, mp4, etc). I get sound, but no picture.

I've just started having this problem earlier this afternoon. I uninstalled/reinstalled my k-lite codec pack (the latest one). Still no video.

I've also tried viewing the videos in different players (WMP10, and Win Media Player classic).

When reinstalling the k-lite codec pack, it said something about a codec registry value being corrupted, and asked if I wanted to delete. I selected yes....but after reinstalling the pack, I still get no video.

The wierd thing is, I could view/edit a movie in Adobe Premiere just fine. Just can't view them in ANY media player (WMP Classic is my default). Even tried using WMP 10. No quicktime. No realplayer...no nothing. Audio is fine. Video is not. Any guesses?

2. TechHead84

Anyone?

3. TLS4 GatorBait

TLS4 GatorBait

make sure your media player isnt in skin mode

4. TechHead84

Skin Mode??

5. TLS4 GatorBait

TLS4 GatorBait

yeah in certain skin modes, it wont let you view a video. im not saying this is your problem, im just telling you to make sure, then we can work from there

6. TechHead84

Couldn't find any skin mode in WMP Classic.

7. TLS4 GatorBait

TLS4 GatorBait

try looking around for somethin that says "Skin Mode" or "Full Mode" and toggle them. if that doesnt work then i dk

8. TechHead84

Problem fixed. I tried re-installing my video card drivers, and viola! Works now.

9. Empire2500

Empire2500

Maybe you should mark the thread solved using thread tools at the top of the page to make it easier for the admins?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!