1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't view WMP Streaming video since I upgraded to Vista!

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by JSGTPD, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSGTPD

JSGTPD Thread Starter

Hey All

Ok I have done EVERYTHING i can possibly find on the net to fix this problem. I am using Firefox 2.0.0.11, Netscape, Safari and IE 7 NONE of them will play any Windows Media Streaming Content. I have installed plugin after plugin that are suppose to fix these problems but no luck at all.

For example, when I go to TSN.ca and click on any of their videos I get an error that says

"Firefox users need to install the following ActiveX compatibility plug-in:
    Windows Media Player ActveX plug-in
    To begin the installation, you may need to add our site to your list of trusted sites."

So I go ahead and install it and it still dosent work.

Then I try to listen to my Sirius Satellite Radio online, and I can push the play button and it just sits there says I am missing a application/x-oleobject

I have no idea what the problem is, I can listen/watch my Windows Media Player 11 for DVD's and Cd's no problem, just will not work with streaming video. Anybody have any other suggestions??

Thanks

SPECS
    Windows Vista¬ô Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.071009-1548)
    HP Pavilion m7570n
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
    Memory: 3574MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10

2. pjhutch

pjhutch

Did you have any earlier codecs or plugins which might conflict with Vista before you upgraded?
    Is WMV files associated with the correct program?
    Have you tried VLC Media Player from http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/669904

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice