Can't view Youtube videos on Firedfox but Edge

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chueh

I can watch the same videos on Edge but not Firefox. Thus, I googled to see why. People were talking about Firefox uses HTML5 instead of Flash, misses plugins and extensions..... However, I just bought a brand new computer with Windows 10 a few days ago and installed Firefox. Why is a Youtube video still showing black screen without any button to be clicked on, if buffering time is an issue? I have not installed my usual programs but only one. Can someone explain? Thanks

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Do you have the Firefox Flashblock addon installed ???
Probably not the same issue but I have to disable FF flashblock to see Vimeo videos.

chueh

No, I don't have it installed.
I saw the "flash" logo on the upper right hand corner, so I clicked on it. I had both HTML5 and Flash Video to choose from. I did click on Flash, but an error message shown on the black screen for one second only. I could read the first few words, "Your browser does not currently recognize......."

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online