1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't view Youtube videos?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by 843, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 843

843 Thread Starter

I don't get it. The website seems fine since recent comments date seconds ago. These are what I have done:
    -enabled NoScript
    -allowed Youtube on Adblock
    -whitelisted googlevideo.com
    -updated to the latest Flash player
    -tried installing the add-on Tubestop, but I got the 'video unavailable' when viewing any video.

I have no problem with other video sites such as Veoh, Crunchyroll or Metacafe. In fact, Youtube is the only one I'm having problems with. I tried switching to IE7, didn't work. the strange thing is, when a video had the 'view better quality' option, I could view the video with no problem. Any idea?

2. gjy8s

gjy8s

I have no clue. I ahve the same problem. From what I've seen, this is a problem that has been occurring on and off since 2006! It seems that, for some people, following YouTube's advice (uninstalling and reinstalling flash, turning off pop-up blockers, etc.) works. However, for some other people (and it's actually quite a few people), doing all of that does not help. What's the problem? Apparently no one really knows, not even YouTube. I've played around with this issue so many times and I've tried Googling to see if anyone has a solution and no one does.

In the past, when this happened, YouTube recognized the problem, did something with their site, and the problem went away. Unfortunately, it seems they aren't aware that the problem has once again reared its ugly head.

By the way, it is quite clear that this is a YOUTUBE problem and not a problem with your comptuer. You should not have to turn off ad-blockers or pop-up blockers to view YouTube videos - particularly since YouTube videos that have been embedded in other sites WORK. It appears that - for the purpose of keeping their own people busy and employed - the people at YouTube have ONCE AGAIN modified the way their site works and whatever they did has screwed thier site up. ONCE AGAIN, they are slow to recognize the problem and ONCE AGAIN they are frustrated untold numbers of people who want to view videos but can't.

3. Dominym

Dominym

I've been having this same problem. It's weird because some videos will play fine, while others will just sit there with the loading symbol on the picture, but never play. I've tried using different browsers, but that hasn't helped, either.

4. shamoon

shamoon

ya same here..

does anybody have any clue about what to do???

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697905

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice