1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't wake up from sleep.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by schrei, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. schrei

schrei Thread Starter

Hi, I was wondering if anybody has had this problem before?

My computer was put to sleep earlier on today, and I moved the mouse to turn it back on. The power light went from orange (sleep mode) to blue (powered on). Nothing was displayed on the machine. Bashed some buttons, nothing happened, so did a hard reboot.

The power button went red (which happens if I hard reboot it) then to blue but that's it. The fans and hard drive starts going, but no beeps, no POST, no display. Nothing.

Already, I've tried:

- Reseating my RAM sticks - nothing
    - Unplugging the hard drive - bf actually broke a sata slot, although he says it was lose before. The pins are not straight now and I can't get the black slot back onto the mobo. Plugged hard drive into sata 2 slot, still get no reaction.

Anything else I can try?

2. TekTime

TekTime

3. changs

changs

well is it a laptop or desk top because maybe the monitor cord is lose

4. Natty4

Natty4

I think this is a common problem with Windows 7...i just changed the settings to never sleep again because I, myself have yet to find a way to get it working. xD

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/944237

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice