1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant Wake up from Sleep

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Lord.B, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord.B

Lord.B Thread Starter

Hi guys, srry haven't been to tech support guy for awhile, in case if i miss any information, feel free to remind me
    and i'll post it asap.

My laptop is about 2 years old (Acer Aspire 6920), one day like any normal day i was away from my laptop
    and it went to sleep. The next time i was using it i tried to wake it up, it froze for around 10 mins, so i tried to
    restart it and the next thing i knew it only starts up to "startup repair". Any attempts to access safe mode to
    debug the computer has failed and since then the laptop has gone on a loop -->fail to repair in startup repair
    --> restart computer again --> running startup repair. So i decided to reinstall the OS.

after reformatting and reinstalling windows 7 to my laptop though, i seem to encounter a similar error. The laptop
    seems to work fine although whenever it goes to sleep and i try to wake it up, the screen froze and starts
    flashing and the laptop wont work until you restart the computer again. I made my second attempt to reinstall
    a new OS to the system and the same error occurred. My laptop has the latest bios and i tried various versions
    of drivers for my graphics card (intel 965 chipset) and the problem continues to persist.

I was wondering if there's any program to debug this error or whether this is a hardware error that i can somehow detect.

Thanks!

Acer Aspire 6920
    Windows 7 32 bit operation system

2. Lord.B

Lord.B Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!