Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cant watch videos on Firefox

39K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  sumguy10712 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I cant watch any videos from nhl.com or nba.com or nfl.com or tsn.ca on Firefox for some reason. Any ideas? I cant watch youtube though!

#8 ·
If the test passed, then the plugin is working. Try clearing all private data in Firefox including cookies and cache. Start Firefox in safe mode.
Start> Mozilla Firefox> Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode).
This will tell if an extension or theme is effecting the player. If the Adblock extension is installed, the OBJ-TABS setting may hide the WMP plug-in. You will have to disable Obj-Tabs in your Adblock options.
See if any of this helps.

#10 ·
No problem, just can't make out why your player won't work. Open WMP and click on
Tools> Options> Network tab and make sure that the 4 boxes on the left under Streaming protocols
are checked. On File Types tab, that all boxes are checked. If you make any changes, Apply and OK.
Found this test site from Microsoft Support. Try the different formats and see if any or all work.

#12 ·
Did everything you said and still no.....I downloaded their first sample file and opened it with wmp and it couldnt open...opened it with winamp and it worked...all the other samples work on quicktime or winamp and not on my wmp..so i cant really tell...also the .asf solution does not work on my wmp (as I said before) and there is no solution to it

#13 ·
It seems the player doesn't work for the formats. Check this last setting.
On the Tools menu, click Options> Network tab>In the Proxy Settings section highlight HTTP and click Configure.
Make sure the proxy setting for HTTP protocols is Use proxy settings of the Web browser.
Then go to www.cnn.com and click on a video. If a message pops up about a plugin, just click on continue with video and see if the video will play.

#16 ·
I have the same problem. Upto three nights ago, I could see everything on the CNN.com webpage with IE 7 - video and pages. The next day, I cannot load CNN on my browser for nothing. Yet on my other PC I could.

BTW, I can see the page in FF but cannot load any video.
After reinstalling the browser, I able to see the page, however the video would not load.

I just disabled some add-ons in IE, and quickly got the page. I will update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.