Can't write to floppy disk

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

websquad

I have a new Win/XP/Pro machine. Tonight for the first time I tried to write to a floppy disk. It failed, saying that the disk was write protected.

I checked: it was not write protected.

Took that same floppy to my old computer and had no problem writing to it. Or reading from it.

So, on the new computer, I can read, but not write.

Any ideas ??

cwwozniak

Chuck
Have you tested with more than one floppy? If it happens for all of them, you might have a bad write protect sensor in the drive or pn #28 (/ Write protect) on the floppy cable input to the motherboard is getting shorted to ground somewhere.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online