Cant write to hd

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

motivated

I have 2 hard drives on my box.

I use the second one to back up any important stuff, but I cant paste anything directly into it.

When it was installed in this box it already had quite a few folders and files in it. I can paste into an existing folder and create a new folder inside an existing folder, but if I try to create a new folder of its own (not inside anything else) I get a pop-up telling me it cant create the folder "new folder".

I seem to remember it saying it was a "read only" file or something, at one stage.

I always thougt a hd couldnt be "read only"

Any ideas how to fix this ??

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like it might be a permission problem. What OS are you using?? If you're using 2000 or XP, make sure your NTFS permissions are set properly.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online