1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Capping a torrent Download

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by tomlangford, Jul 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tomlangford

tomlangford Thread Starter

I am currently downloading a bittorrent file. I have a broadband connection and the maximum i tend to get is about 35kbps, this is fine. but when a download reaches over 30ish the internet slows right down. What i would like to know is:

Is it possible to cap the download at roughly 28-30 kbps so my internet browsing is still at a reasonable rate?

I will be more than greatful for any help.

tom.

2. srhoades

srhoades

there are multiple clients out that that allow you to adjust your download and what really kills your browsing, upload speeds.

3. tomlangford

tomlangford Thread Starter

What torrent client do you use?

What is the best one that lets me control my upload/download speeds?

4. dai

dai

bittornado

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/254157

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice