cAPS lOCK IS THE dEBIL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

d3pratt

Ok, I play MMORPGs.

I hate my Caps Lock button with a passion.

I could think of no other place to post this question so here is where I defaulted.

How do I disable the Caps Lock key? I'm almost to the point of tearing apart my keyboards (3 of them) and surgically removing them. But that is a bit drastic, so I'm hoping for a OS/or Bios Solution...

Helll I'd even LOVE a background program that would turn the beast on/off with a combination press like RtCtrl-CapsLock to toggle the Beast...

Anyone know of or have a solution for my misery? :(

Here you go. Use this absolute GEM of a program! It solves a lot of gaming woes (y)

KEYTWEAK will allow you to remap and disable any key on the k/b.

You can also reset them to default with a click of a button.

Hope this helps you. :)

Scorp.

Glad it's helping ppl (y) I've known about it for about a year, and always let ppl know when I see a need :D

Scorp.

Nice. This should help with that <ALT> <~> that completely shuts down FFXI...

d3pratt

That is exactly correct.

In WoW, your base movement is ASWD based... and if you have large fingers you do hit Caps Lock a lot during combat. and for those of us that do NOT touch-type, it is more than a pain to type out a long message and hit send only to see yourself shouting at the raid or guild.

So the ability to turn the Caps Lock into a dead key is a blessing.

Thank you for the pointer!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online