Capslock only works once i change program

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Chrismc7931

Ive had my keyboard for a couple months now but ever since a week ago, my capslock will turn the light indicator on and off but wont work unless i change the software im using.

For example, if i have the capslock on in Word and turn it off, i will still type in capital letters despite the light indicator on the keyboard being off. Then, if i go onto another program (e.g. chrome) with the light still off, i can now type lower case letters. Then I can go back to word and type in lower case, but if i press caps lock I still type in lowercase and if i want to type in higher case i need to do the same thing as before.

Ive tried to change the settings so that i turn off capslock using shift, but now theres a different thing happening. Now to swap between high case and lower case, i need to press capslock and then shift. And then to swap between lower case to high case, i do the same thing.

Sorry if it doesnt make much sense to read, Im not the best writer.

Just for reference, my keyboard is the Cooler Master CK550

Last edited:
a) try changing keyboard. Did you install a driver for this new keyboard?
b) try capslock on/off outside of MS Word, it maybe a program specific bug

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online