1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Capture Card (Easycap)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by luther1496, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. luther1496

luther1496 Thread Starter

Hi,

I bought an easycap capture card for recording videos on skyrim (xbox 360) for a website I contribute too and the capture card steadfastly refuses to work.

Currently I have tried the following setups:

Male-Male RCA cable from capture card to TV out whilst xbox is plugged in as normal.
    Xbox plugged into capture card

At one point using the second setup I got a black and white screen but I can't even get that anymore, I'm using Windows 7 and have the appropriate drivers and I have also tried on a fully working XP OS. (Dual boot Windows 7 and XP)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

Code:
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E6700 @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 4094 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5570, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 453862 MB, Free - 171526 MB; D: Total - 99 MB, Free - 61 MB; F: Total - 499898 MB, Free - 489497 MB; G: Total - 476936 MB, Free - 396122 MB;
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., G41MT-D3
    Antivirus: COMODO Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

2. luther1496

I'm still suffering this problem and need to get it fixed for my website so I'm posting this as a bump.

Thanks.

3. ajkane

ajkane

I don't realy think this is really the forum for this problem.

4. luther1496

Well it's hardware, where else would you suggest?

5. ThePCguy95

ThePCguy95

I have had one of those before, and let me tell you, those things are crap. I have gone through about 5 of those easycap things and they all just stopped working after about an hour. I would suggest buying a real capture card.

EDIT: And two whoever said this is the wrong forum, it is hardware, so how could it be the wrong one?

6. luther1496

Yeah I probably will once I get some money, I don't have much at the moment so I thought I may as well buy one. They only cost £5 after all and if it doesn't work I'll just bin it!

I'll probably get a cheap Dazzle some time soon.

7. Angriff

Angriff

I've had many problems with my EasyCap before. This may be a silly idea, but mine always worked when I plugged it into another USB port. I would've had to constantly re-install the drivers. Maybe try a different Recording program? I know, since I have a Dazzle (pinnacle), try downloading Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection and see if you get anywhere.

Also, make sure it isn't just your double-sided RCA cable! I ran through 3 of them due to one dying out and one having bad channel connection.

8. Angriff

Angriff

Or you can spend a few bucks on a Dazzle. I recommend it to beginner editors who don't mind the SD quality. You can find them cheap now for 30-40 bucks.

9. luther1496

I'll try a different USB port tomorrow when I have time and if that doesn't work I'll buy a dazzle. Thanks for the advice.

10. ThePCguy95

ThePCguy95

Yeah, Dazzle's are a good one to use, I have one of the more expensive ones and it has worked since I bought it, I think it is like the Platinum HD or something, I don't have it near me right now so I am not totally sure of the name.

11. Angriff

Angriff

Is the Platinum HD black? I assumed that wasn't for recording gameplay. If I would've known that earlier, I would've gotten the black one primarily due to it being a cooler color. xD

12. ThePCguy95

ThePCguy95

Yeah, it is black. And I buy things for color too, my PC's motherboard has a blue led on it, and my case was orange. (I spent around $70 on the case). So I went and got a new blue lighted case instead.

13. Angriff

Angriff

Lol, that's cool. I can't really mix and match. My case is red LED's and so I had to buy a red and black mouse. lol

14. luther1496

Turns out I had the easycap DC60, which records 50hz.... Because it has 60 in its name....

I've now bought the DC60+ which should work *touchwood* as I had the other one working in black and white the other day.

Thanks for the advice guys!

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031088

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice