Capture Card picking up home screen

R8ght

I have an external capture card (AverMedia GC553) and everything is hooked up correctly in terms of hdmi in and out. I know it’s right because the I thought maybe I had it wrong and if I move anything I lose video. I e made it about 3 minutes into a YouTube video showing me how to setup up multiple displays. Now one second here, I’ve also read in a Reddit post that people are having their capture cards being read as monitors themselves. And that is my case. When I get into my display settings it is showing my “AVT GC553” (capture card) as a monitor. So all my streaming service is currently doing is acting as it’s own monitor inside my second machine (laptop). That is also part of the problem, I cannot get my pc to identify my laptop and a display source. It only brings up my monitor and capture card. I seriously have no idea what I’m doing here.
Help me Obi-Wan-Kenobi, you’re my only hope.

R8ght

Hey I actually just found a way around it not messing with anything inside. The fix is to have obs on both computers and right click in obs and choose “Fullscreen projector (preview)” and I chose the capture card and it worked fine. This is, I’m assuming, the quick fix. I also don’t know if this is potentially hurting performance anywhere? If it is please let me know and also if someone does know still how to do it the correct(?) maybe proper(?) is the right word lol way, thanks again so much

managed

Allan
Glad you found a way to do it and thanks for posting it.

I would carry on using it for a while and then if you are happy with it click on {Mark Solved} at the top left of the page please.

R8ght

Ok one more update and then I will close this, I am getting no audio while recording/ streaming on the laptop. I’m using the “fix” above and am not sure what changed or what I am missing? Do I need an aid cord running from the pc the the laptop? The capture card alone picked up both video and audio running the exact same setup but instead of my pc there was a ps4. So basically not sure why I’m not getting audio. Thanks again

R8ght

Ok one more update and then I will close this, I am getting no audio while recording/ streaming on the laptop. I’m using the “fix” above and am not sure what changed or what I am missing? Do I need an aid cord running from the pc the the laptop? The capture card alone picked up both video and audio running the exact same setup but instead of my pc there was a ps4. So basically not sure why I’m not getting audio. Thanks again
One more tid bit I guess I should add that my “fix” above is not at all using my capture card. I’m pretty sure it’s just obs projecting onto what it thinks is another monitor so I’m still just running obs in the background of my gaming pc, which I would like to not do, ok for real this time thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online