1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Capture video with GeForce 8800 GTS or V7700?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by lolt, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lolt

lolt Thread Starter

Hey guys, when it comes to computers I'm the biggest n00b of all time lolololo.

But, I need to know if I can capture video from my Flat Panel TV to my computer using nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS OR GeForce 2/V7700.

If so, can I do it with an S-video cable running from my TV to the card input at the back of the case or with the yellow, red, and white cables?

Thanks.

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

No for the 8800 GTS for sure and if the v7700 is the same type of card then no for that one too. That S-video type port in the card is output not input.

You can compare to something like a Radeon All In Wonder video card which would be able to capture external video.

3. lolt

lolt Thread Starter

Well the V7700 has like a yellow port for the cables used on old gaming machines (PS2, Dreamcast). Could that work?

4. stantley

stantley

No, the yellow port is also video ouput. What you could do with either card is hook the output from the video card to an input on the TV, so you could watch a video on the internet and watch it on the TV. You could also play a DVD on the PC (assuming you have a DVD drive) and watch it on the TV.

To watch TV or capture video on your PC you'd need to get a TV card, something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815116625.

5. lolt

lolt Thread Starter

Alright. I guess I'll have to go pick one up.

Thanks for the help, dude.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647244

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice