Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

capture

2K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  HonestDon19 
#1 ·
hello there good sir
i have an ATI all in wonder radeon capture card. i capture video as an avi file but when i try to capture really long scenes. over 8 mins it just stops and only captures 3.99G worth. i also have the capture time well over an hour.
thanks
jayson

#8 ·
Is your 80GB hard drive one large partition, or do you have other partitions? If you have other partitions, have you considered using one of them for the video? If you only have one large partition, there are a few things to consider.

This is a big system change, so first back up all your data. If the conversion fails, you could lose everything on the drive. The change is also permanent. You can't convert it back to FAT32. I've heard that the newest version of Partition Magic can convert back, but I've never tried it or known anyone else to try it. A DOS boot disk won't be able to read an NTFS partition. If for some reason you can't boot into Windows XP, you'd have to use the recovery console.

Here's the information from Windows XP Help on converting a FAT32 partition to NTFS.

To convert a volume to NTFS from the command prompt
Open Command Prompt.
In the command prompt window, type
convert drive_letter: /fs:ntfs

For example, typing convert D: /fs:ntfs would format drive D: with the ntfs format.

Notes

To open command prompt, click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Command Prompt.
You can convert FAT or FAT32 volumes to NTFS with this command.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.