1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Capturing Screen shots!!!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by acuratami, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. acuratami

acuratami Thread Starter

Hi there
    i am trying to find a application or a method by which i can capture screen shots of webpages . i have tryed Snagit it hold good if there is only one site to be captured.
    i would like to do it as a batch process.
    input a list of urls
    output : images of the websites

thanks

2. acuratami

acuratami Thread Starter

i came across autoit on this site... is it possible for me to use this software for this purpose?

3. little den

little den

Just out of curiosity...did you try using your 'Print Screen' key?

Or you could get a program from here

4. little den

little den

I don't know what you have there, or your level of experience. But if you're not sure of how to use the 'Print Screen' function, it's pretty easy.

Press the Print Screen button (sometimes shown 'PrtSc) at the top right of your keyboard.
    Open up 'Paint' (Start>All Programs>Accessories>Paint)
    Paste (Ctrl+V)

5. acuratami

acuratami Thread Starter

HEY little den ..thanks..
    i do know know about the print screen key.
    what i am tryin is to capture about 100 webpage screen shots in batch process.
    i want to automate this process as it would take forever to capture paste and make a file out of it. tht the reason i need a utility that would complete this task.

as i said i looked out for application just not able to find one where i can input the urls and get images in return

6. little den

little den

Oh...sorry. I missed that bit. I'm sure I have something like that in my 'Backup Disc' collection, so I'm pretty sure it is available. I just can't remember where I got it from.
    I'll have a hunt through and see what I can come up with...

Please bear in mind...I'm not positive - but I will look anyway.

7. acuratami

acuratami Thread Starter

plsssssssss do thanks in advance (atleast for trying)

8. sekirt

sekirt

100 pages? As a one time event? Although tedious, you probably could do it easier one at a time, manually. Autoit requires that you know how to program it. I am not sure there would be a way to open/close 100 IE windows and get to 100 different sites. Not only get to them but autoit would have to somehow know when each page is loaded. Besides they would have to come up flawlessly.

I would suggest opening 10 windows at a time (or any convenient number) and using Print Screen or Snag-It, if you prefer.

sekirt

9. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

This is no easy task. You could just set the url's up on your favorites. Then make them available offline. You can then customize them to sync the website.

Not sure what you are trying to do here. Could you explain why or what the reason is for this.

10. Elvandil

Elvandil

It could be done from a batch file. For example:

start http://www.yahoo.com

will load Yahoo! in IE. But you would then need a command-line to capture the screen. The only one I found costs money, but I'm sure some screen capture utility that is free can capture from a command-line:

http://www.capturemation.com/index.html:
    http://www.miraplacid.com/mcap/doc/faq.shtml

This one has a "WatchIt" mode that automatically snaps a capture when the scene changes (I haven't tried it):

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/...n_Capture_Tools/Bulent_s_Screen_Recorder.html

11. Squashman

How would you know when the page load is done.

12. Elvandil

Elvandil

Good question. A built-in delay may solve that. The one with the "WatchIt" option would wait, I hope.

13. Squashman

14. Elvandil

Elvandil

And 2 hours free.

There's also the spy utilities, and the apps that make avi's of screen activity, but that would require extracting the images from the avi---possibly more work than manual screen-captures.

15. sekirt

sekirt

I don't see anything for downloading the screen captures browsercam generates?

They would be in .BMP files according to the website. Fairly big downloads.

sekirt

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/378364

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice