1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

capturing still images from videos ?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Duckman69, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Duckman69

Duckman69 Thread Starter

im looking for a good program that can capture still images from video files, i downloaded and tried topaz moment but though it works sometimes other times its horrible, and when i pause the images i want i try to get ones that look pretty clear before i freeze the image so i mean im trying my hardest to find the right scenes that will get a good result also on there website they said its better then premiere i havent tried premiere for this but any know if thats true, or of one that personally works great for them ?

2. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

Picasa3 from google is free and it takes screen shots from video

3. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

GOM player in advanced burst capture mode--up to 999 frame captures at whatever interval you set. If used be sure to set capture file type to bitmap, not jpeg. If your system is a little underpowered then pausing before capturing may help but otherwise its probably artifacts and blurs in the video (which is probably only about 30 frames per second which if you think about it is a slow shutter speed for a still photo camera so anything moving is going to blur) causing many poor captures and there isn't much you can do about that.

4. Plantsman

Plantsman

5. DELLDOCTOS

DELLDOCTOS

Hi,

u can use Adobe premiere pro for capturing still images from the videos, other softwares are Ulead Video Studio, Media studio Pro which are available at the Ulead Website " www.Ulead.com". check whether it is working,
    Note : " if u capture still from a Video it will be blurry, it depends upon the resolution u have captures (for ex DV, VCD etc.) in order to get more image clarity capture the video file in DV format and check.

Regards

Delldoctos.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756232

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice