1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

car headlights

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by steppenwolf, Nov 10, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. steppenwolf

steppenwolf Temporarily Banned Thread Starter

the last few years whats with car lights?

some are white -are they led?

i cant stand dark nights with headlights glaring at me

guess ill never drive at night again

2. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    Are you talking about those new high energy silver headlights? If so, I agree they are really glaring...(y) People that use those don't care about the other people on the road on the other side, IMO...(n)

3. steppenwolf

yes

what wrong with people?

4. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    The main thing is, IMO, that people take care of themselves and don't care about anyone having to come from the other direction...(n)

5. jp1203

jp1203

The blue HID lights are especially horrible (bluish ones). Not necessarily the OEM ones that come on high-end vehicles, but the aftermarket ones. Sure, they're great for the driver of that car, but for any oncoming traffic they're downright dangerous. Even low beams look like high beams, and the glare is horrible. I really wish they would be outlawed.

Too many people seem obsessed with using their high beams all the time, too. I drive highways with no tree cover on bright full moon nights and so many people apparently don't think lows are enough, even though I see very little difference on mine because it's bright enough outside to begin with. ...and, of course, it takes them quite a while to realize they should turn them down for oncoming traffic.

...or the people who drive without any lights on in heavy rain. 90% of them don't seem to understand why I flash my lights at them.

Of course, I could dedicate pages and pages to all the things people do when driving that irritate me (don't go 15 under the speed limit and act shocked and angry when I take the first available opportunity and pass you, don't try to merge into a lane at a toll booth and cut everyone because you didn't want to choose one 500 feet back, don't try to change lanes 50 feet before a stop light...you should have thought ahead...that's why the lanes aren't dotted now...).

6. steppenwolf

are they outlawed any where?

im trying to load Wikipedia on dial up slow

7. jp1203

jp1203

I didn't think they were, but did a quick search and it seems like aftermarket ones might be. If that's the case in MA, they sure don't enforce it!

8. steppenwolf

9. steppenwolf

10. steppenwolf

i am hearing lately about yellow military sunglasses that reduce night glare

11. steppenwolf

no comments?

12. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    I wonder if they're similar to fishing glasses. I have a pair that allow me to see into the water on the rivers up here. They take out the glare of the water's reflection of light. :cool:

13. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Jay
    Those would be polarized lenses ... It's the polarization, not the color

14. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    Yep, I used to have two pair but a friend was wearing one of them and forgot to latch the back end and looked down into the water....:eek: Well I'm keeping my other one away from him....;)

15. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Jay
    Besides the advantage when fishing ... I wore them while flying a glider.
    If I rocked my head, Sometimes I could see the thermals and didn't have to go hunting for them.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026229

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice