1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Carbonite Backup

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by DoubleHelix, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned Thread Starter

I thought I'd give Carbonite backup a try as an online backup solution. They don't offer any free storage, just a 15-day trial. I've noticed that it is not backing up changes to data in a timely manner. I'll create a new file or modify a file, and 3 hours later, it still hasn't been backed up. Even worse, the backup status in Carbonite shows that no backup operations are pending.

The only way I can get the changes backed up is to manually click the link to "Backup ASAP". I had hopes for this service. The interface looked clean, and the price is pretty good for unlimited storage, but I only have about a week to go, and I'm not going to pay for a service that doesn't seem to be doing its job.

Has anyone else tried Carbonite? What are your experiences and opinions? If there's a better online service, I'm interested in that as well.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753113

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice