1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Card on new laptop...

Discussion in 'Games' started by TJ-, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TJ-

TJ- Thread Starter

I just bought a Toshiba satellite A75-S209.
    Pentium 4 HT, 3.06 GHz, but it has a Mobility Radeon 9000... talk about weak. I want to get an x850 series card, but until then is there anything I can do to make this older card run faster.

2. Interstate

Interstate

I think I've got the same setup as you. I posted on 2 forums and did hours of research. 99% of graphics cards in laptops cannot be changed. Did you set the buffer rate to 128mb? Mine came at 64 from the factory.

Best advice is to try and keep everything as cool as possible for optimum performance. I can run Half-life 2 on the maximum setings as long as the room is cold and even then it gets choppy at times.

BTW, that x850 is an AGP chipset, you have an IGP chipset. But that doesn't really matter since you cannot change out the card! Sorry.

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Only a very few top-end laptops have upgradeable graphics, and then it is usually done as a choice at purchase time. Those upper end models that are upgradeable seem to use proprietary graphics hardware, so choices of upgrades are very limited.

Generally for the majority, graphics are built-into the motherboard of the laptop and as above, are not upgradeable. They are not like desktops in that respect, they do not have a graphics card or slot. No room.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325485

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice