1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Card reader for generic memory card?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by principessa, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. principessa

principessa Thread Starter

hi :) do all digital camera memory cards fit into any card reader? the card that came with my digital camera is by patriot brand and i don't know a lot about this yet so i don't know if it will be compatible with various readers (or, does "size" matter? this one is 256mb storage). thanks for any enlightenment anyone is kind enough to share :) princi*

2. Sponsor

3. bigbear

bigbear

NO, you have to use the appropriate reader for the format you have. USB card readers are fairly cheap these days and you can buy ones that can accommodate most formats in one box. The MB size does not matter as that how much data it can hold

4. principessa

principessa Thread Starter

thanks, big bear :) i have no idea what brand of card reader to get but i bet they won't sell it locally so i'll have to mail order. thanks again :) take care! princi*

5. SacsTC

SacsTC

I use this one: Sandisk ImageMate® 12 in 1 Reader/Writer. Have also given 3 as gifts and everyone says they have never had any problems.

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If you'd tell us what format the card for the camera is, we could be a lot more help.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/429449