1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

card readers and memory sticks

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by k67456, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k67456

k67456 Thread Starter

Hi,

Does anyone know if a card reader that reads sony's original memory sticks can also read the memory stick duo/ duo pro?

I prefer to use my laptops built in card reader than having to plug the camera in to get the pictures transferred.

Thanks.

2. Knotbored

Knotbored

I have several card readers and Sony memory stick and Sony memory stick pro.
    One reader handles both sticks and it also worked before I upgraded to USB2 on my desktop.
    One card reader worked only on older memory stick and only on USB1
    My favorite is a Lexar card reader that handles 6 types of cards, including all Sony cards (4 slots some read more then one type of card.) I believe I got it at Walmart a year ago for about $30

I guess the answer to your question is-some do/ some don't
    Look up your reader on Google to see what the specifications say.
    By the way-the newer Memory stick pro is great-quicker recovery/more storage etc.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/527342

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice