1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cardbus adapter to ethernet.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bigpython, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bigpython

bigpython Thread Starter

Alright i have a D-LINK AIR 2.4GHz Wireless Cardbus Adapter, and I am trying to find a way to connect it to an ethernet cable to connec tto my xbox 360. I have taken apart a laptop to get its cardbus, thinking that there would be some wires that i could try to splice and solder. 40 screws later i realized that tthe cardbus connects directly into the motherboard.

So if anyone has any idea how i could get the internet from my cardbus adapter into my xbox it would be greatly appreciated.

2. bigpython

bigpython Thread Starter

i would greatly appreciate anyone writing down their thoughts about this, i really need help.

3. ViprXX

ViprXX

you need to either buy a wireless network adapter for your xbox360 (assuming your internet router/modem supports wireless) or you need to just run an ethernet cable directly from your xbox to your internet router/modem to get internet access on your xbox 360.

4. bigpython

bigpython Thread Starter

ok thanks, thats what i kinda figured i was just hoping u could give me a response without the word "buy. but thanks thanks for taking the time to answer

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Please do not post duplicate threads on the same issue. You already have one of these running in Networking.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697810

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice