1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Careful!! new email scam out!! read!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Nothingface, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nothingface

Nothingface Thread Starter

new to me that is..maybe you seen it...picture explains all!

Attached Files:

• scam.jpg
      scam.jpg
      File size:
      40.6 KB
      Views:
  2. jnibori

jnibori

Thanks. The scam image looked pretty convincing.

3. phoneguy55

phoneguy55

....so this was an e-mail message that opened to the screen shot you showed us...?
    I can't think of a time when any ( legit ) host or service would have you enter a password in an e-mail message....that's what would make me a little leary at seeing this.
    I am sure that many , many people would simply type it in there and send it off, though.

Thanks for the "heads up"....

4. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Yes it is pretty tricky.
    This has been happening forever on neopets and angelfire though. They have now put in a filter on neopets that wont allow you to post the code from their login page.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!