1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Carhartt work clothing

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by LuckyStrike, Jan 22, 2007.

Advertisement
  1. LuckyStrike

LuckyStrike Thread Starter

I have found the best supplier of Carhartt work clothing in the world, in my opinion.

The store is OUTFITTER CONNECTION 1997.

The store was founded in 1997 by a lady named Carol Fristoe. They truly are a Carhartt superstore.

From her web site:

I called and talked to Mrs. Fristoe this morning and I can tell you the customer service couldn't be better.

As anyone who buys Carhartt clothing knows, Carhartt is not cheap, but Mrs. Fristoe's store sells Carhartt clothing at prices that are competitive with anyone.

Her web site is well designed and attractive and loads fairly quickly even on dial-up. Ordering on-line from her store couldn't be easier.

I have a problem buying work clothes locally. The local retailers seem to order only fixed numbers of any given style, in any given size, and any given color, at only certain times of the year. So the style that fits a middle aged man of average build in the most popular average size(work jeans/dungarees), and in the most popular colors (navy & red pocket-T) are gone from the shelves within days of a shipment in the local stores that carry Carhartt clothing. From Mrs Fristoe's store I can order any style, any size, any color, in any quantity and get it shipped within one business day at any time of the year and the cost with shipping is equal to or less than the cost of buying from local retailers.

2. LuckyStrike

Wow. I ordered work dungarees at her web site at midnight Sunday, they were shipped from Kentucky first thing monday morning, and I just took delivery at my home here in Illinois a few minutes ago (Wednesday). The cost including shipping was $5 less than the price at the local Rural King store.(y) I may have bought the last pairs of Carhartt B03 DNM work dungarees in the country. They were on clearance since Carhartt discontinued the B03. I understand after talking to a Carhartt service rep that the B03 will be replaced by the B65 (manufactured in the USA) and the B13 (manufactured overseas).

3. tomlunt

tomlunt

Not that it really matters, but i was watching NCIS last night, and "Agent Gibbs" was wearing Carhartt stuff .... a little product placement that i noticed.

TL

4. LuckyStrike

Well if I knew the guy, I would tell him about Carol Fristoe's store.:)

5. valley

valley

excellent link. Hubby and son both wear a lot of Carhartt stuff. Its good heavy durable men's wear. I'll be sure to keep that place in my favorites for when Jake outgrows his coveralls and needs some new ones! We have one local store that carries carhartt stuff here...and its very expensive and the sizes and selections are limited!

Thanks. :)(y)

6. LuckyStrike

I actually thought of you Valley when I posted this thread. I seemed to remember that Carl was an outdoorsman.:)

7. valley

valley

No kidding! Thats awesome, thank you for remembering that! I'm glad I posted now. I almost looked at the link and just added it to my bookmarks without saying anything! Dont ever be shy of sending me a note via pm if you see a site that you think I would really be interested in, especially if it involves manly gadgety-type tools and toys. I'm always looking for cool things to buy for carl for special occasions.

:)

8. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy

How does this place compare to HERE ?

Patrick has always treated me well.

9. LuckyStrike

That is a good store too. I actually shopped at Dungarees.net before finding the Outfitter Connection, however Dungarees.net did not have my favorite left in stock, whereas Mrs. Fristoe did have them which endeared me to her. Both beat the heck out of buying from local retailers.

10. eggplant43

eggplant43 A True Heart and Soul - Gone But Never Forgotten

You're not going to have as many choices, but Sierra Trading Post carries Carrhartt as well. One of my favorite jackets is a Carrhartt.

Valley, a great gadgets catalog is Duluth Trading company. The quality of their products is outstanding.

11. valley

valley

Just catching back up with this thread....thanks Bruce. :) I will google it and see what they have. Carl's birthday is Feb 29th so maybe I can find him something interesting there! (y)

12. Mulderator

Mulderator

Uhhh--hate to break the news to ya val, but there is no Feb 29th! ;)

13. Deke40

Deke40

Cabela's

They have a great catalog.

14. valley

valley

so are you suggesting that Carl is just a figment of my imagination? :confused:

He's a leap year baby...obviously! :p He turns 11 and 3/4 this year (47) but has his official 12th birthday next year. :cool: I'm already planning to have a big bash for his 16th birthday. :D

15. valley

valley

thanks Deke. We get tons of their catalogs. Once you buy from them, you get them for life, lol. We like their stuff a lot too. (y)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537464

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice