Carnt get sound help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ste63home

i need help with sound on my computer i have windows xp and windows vista i have one on each hard drive and i can not get sound on xp or vista even if i install sound drivers i do not know why this is but its doin my head in can someone help????

I too have windows vista and windows audio services wont start. I have downloaded drivers and gone in device manager which shows devices are enabled to no avail.
when I open the sound applet in device manager it asks do you want to enabel and I say yes but it does not start

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Are the speakers built in or are they external to the computer?

I too am having sound problems with Vista, my audio just stopped working. ihave external speakers that are plugged in despite what audio manager is telling me but then again it in the same breath is saying that the speakers are working normally.

any help mmuch appreciated.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online