1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Carnt get sound help

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ste63home, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ste63home

ste63home Thread Starter

i need help with sound on my computer i have windows xp and windows vista i have one on each hard drive and i can not get sound on xp or vista even if i install sound drivers i do not know why this is but its doin my head in can someone help????

2. 08085bruce

08085bruce

I too have windows vista and windows audio services wont start. I have downloaded drivers and gone in device manager which shows devices are enabled to no avail.
    when I open the sound applet in device manager it asks do you want to enabel and I say yes but it does not start

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Are the speakers built in or are they external to the computer?

4. Kat6

Kat6

I too am having sound problems with Vista, my audio just stopped working. ihave external speakers that are plugged in despite what audio manager is telling me but then again it in the same breath is saying that the speakers are working normally.

any help mmuch appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647462

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice