1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Carrier furnace not firing

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Keaysan, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Keaysan

Keaysan Thread Starter

This started last winter. Didnt think much of it but now not working at all. I went and did some trouble
    Shooting. This is what is happening (gas self igniting furnace) if i shut power off when i turn
    It back on immediately will blow cold air, then i can see the ignitors start to glow, but nothing happens. They
    Shut off after about 30 seconds. It will repeat a few times and then quit when it doesnt ignite. So it seems all is working
    But for some reason its not actually igniting. It working sometimes! Every once in a while the furnace will
    Kick on and warm up the house.

2. Koot

Koot

Sounds like your gas valve solenoid may be defective if your ignitor glows but there's no fuel to ignite and burn (e.g. flame).

3. Keaysan

Keaysan Thread Starter

Is this a DIY fix? I fix most things myself, have worked on my gas water heater
    But not my furnace.

4. Koot

Koot

I cannot answer your question because I do not know your abilities, experience and skill level.

Question - Are you sure the NG is turned On and being fed all the way to the valve?

5. Keaysan

Keaysan Thread Starter

Yea. It is definitely turned on as furnace will
    Kick on and run sporadically. My skill
    Level is beginnin for sure. I can do some
    Simple fixes around the house. Thanks for your help!

6. Koot

Koot

I would recommend a service call to get it fixed. It shouldn't be anything major or overly expensive to repair.

7. Keaysan

Keaysan Thread Starter

Okay. Thanks again for the information.

8. Koot

Koot

Good luck with it.

Please mark your thread 'Solved'.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1068677