1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cartridge problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xavier2, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xavier2

xavier2 Thread Starter

After no problems at all with my Canon MP 460 I am now getting the message "The following ink cartridges can not be recognised" with arrows pointing to both B and C. If I try to print I get the same message on my monitor screen but am also told "printing can not be executed because the ink cartridges may not be installed properly or may not be compatible with this printer". Both these statements are simply incorrect, they are installed correctly and have already printed for a number of weeks. Any ideas, please?

2. arknorth

arknorth

Which cartridges do you have in the machine - 40, 41 or 50, 51?

Since these are HP-based designs, they sometimes get HP type quirks. How heavily have you been printing? Do they feel empty, or are you sure they have anything left in them? The 40 should get a yield of about 450 sheets/black, and the 50 should do about 600-700 sheets. (Draft Mode estimates)

They may have had chip-failure in them - try wetting the contacts on the carts before reinserting them into the machine.

Good luck!

A-N

3. xavier2

xavier2 Thread Starter

Thank you Arknorth for that. I'll work at it a bit more and if still in trouble will get back to you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754568

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice