Case Fans Not Showing RPM

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CarnagedZaraki

I have a Asus Rog Strix B450-F MB in a Musetex Phantom Black Case with 6 Fans, which are all connected to one cord to plug into the Chassis Fan slot on the MB.
All of my Case Fans are on and working but they're not showing the RPM. I downloaded the Asus AI Suite 3 to control my Fan Speeds but it doesn't seem like I can control the speeds since it isn't showing the RPM. I currently have the Case Fans plugged into Chassis Fan 2 on the MB.

So my question is-Do I have the Case Fans plugged into the wrong Port or can I still change the speeds of my Fans without it showing the RPM?

crjdriver

Are you using a fan controller or what? I highly doubt a single motherboard fan header is able to supply all of the pw for 6 case fans.
If you are using a fan controller, then the speed would be controlled through that OR the controller will plug into the fan header on the board.

CarnagedZaraki

The 6 Fans are all connected to 1 Controller but looking at I didn't see a fan control speed on it. I may of overlooked it when looking at the Case Manual. The Headers are 4 Pin, same as the Cord I have connected to the Header.

CarnagedZaraki

What's the make/model of controller? Does it have it's own power cable. It should, a cable from the PSU to the controller.
The Case I have just says it's a MuseTex RGB Fan Controller. I sadly don't have the Case Manual anymore and MuseTex doesn't have a website to check.

CarnagedZaraki

Looking at other reviews for this Case and it seems like the Fans are already running at Max Speed, 1500 RPM. So having the read out of the speeds may not even be necessary, though it would be nice to actually see the speeds. But if anything can be done then I'll accept that and go on.

crjdriver

Why would you want the fans running at max speed? That is going to be quite loud.
Here is what I would do. You have 3 fan headers on that board and a pump header [most bios will allow you to config the pump header as a fan header] I would use 3 or 4 fans and connect them to the motherboard. You will now have control of the fans either in the bios or from the asus software.

FWIW I am not a big fan of fan controllers. Every case I have used with one, it remains disconnected.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online