1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Case Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ryan Sanders, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ryan Sanders

Ryan Sanders Thread Starter

Hey

I have a Gateway EV700 and the pc has a slim-case. I have a very hard time finding low-profile video cards. I found one that is 8MB, but I would rather get one that has 32 to 64 MB. I am wandering if their is a way I might can change cases from this gateway case to a tower case of some sort?

If their isn't a way, and only if their isn't.. I might be willing to do other stuff .. Like:

Maybe buying a new motherboard, and get a new case with that.

But I don't think there is any hope changing cases because it has built in cuts in the back and front for certain things, and I don't think a case I would get would have the same design. :/

I have contacted Gateway before about getting a video card put in it from them, but they don't have one. It really makes me mad when someone who makes a computer can't even produce video cards made for it.

Thanks, Ryan.

Also, if you find a 16MB PCI Low-Profile videocard, then please tell me.

2. rugrat

rugrat

What model is the PC? EV700 is the Monitor.

Let us know

3. Ryan Sanders

Oops, My bad. It is 700 something.. It was the Millenium Edition from 2000.

I can't find the exact model.

4. Ryan Sanders

Essential 700 I would believe.. LOL.. which flex case or slim case.. or whatever you would like to call it.

5. Ryan Sanders

Yea 2 PCI Slots! I hate this PC! It isn't worth the $1400 selling price it was at 2 years ago! We owe more now then when we started, interest rates so high! I want a custom PC or something.

6. weatherguy

weatherguy

Ryan,
    I have a Gateway Essential with the slim case also. Will any low profile card work? I tried a regular PCI card, but it was too bog for the case. Thanks.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113656

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice