1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

case mod (coffee maker parralel port control interface)NO JOKE

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by agamemnon, Dec 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agamemnon

agamemnon Thread Starter

i know this should be simple to do I've had a coffee maker attached to my computer in such a way that it looks like it was made as part of it and i have a secondary control cvircuit (improvised) made to connect to a parralel or serial port so i can set my pc to control temp and auto shutoff but on the bad side no i've forgote the settings of the plc's and need to make the interface is there any way of auto detecting and the configuring or do i need to make a new interface with better documentation so i can do this easier one ast thing i have a lcd installed in the front of my pc showing headline news cpu temp and a few other things and qwant it to show brewwing temp once again a case of rogramming out of my league if you know of any companies or individuals who would accept such a taksworking witm me on this and upcoming case mods i.e my microwave in a server cube and it's interface ( I AM NOT JOKING ABOUT ANY OF THIS CASE MODS ARE FUN AND RAISE THE SELLING PRICE OF A PC) i do many case mods just to expriment and work with several operating systems so it's not as simple as it may appear

2. Rockn

Rockn

Can't wait to see the results when the microwave cooks your insides. I would go to a dedicated modding site for the info you are looking for. Why would I pay more for a PC with a coffee maker built into it.....I have a sense of feel to tell me if my coffee is too hot or too cold I don't need an LCD readout to tell me that.

http://www.pcmods.com/

TOns of other sites out there

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62292

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice