1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

case modding

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kerri Ann, Dec 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann Thread Starter

ok, i know that i will probably spend more time than it's worth trying to complete this project, but i won't be able to stop thinking and wondering about it until i've done it.
    i want to hear some suggestions on a strategy for making a clear side panel for a case i have. i have an old case that has no ps and the front panel is missing, so im using the side panels for practice, and they fit perfectly onto this new case i have- it's an el cheapo and im using it to house my stepson's xmas gift from myself. i have this nice fancy clear sided case with lights everywhere and all that in my case, and i wanted him to have something more than the plain beige s-case that it is now.
    i tried to use a dremel with a rotary tool that says it cuts through metal, but it's going to take forever! anyone know of an easier way?

2. thetruetman

thetruetman

I have heard of people using a jig saw with a metal cut blade to cut the bigger parts off, and then using a Dremel or similar tool to smooth out the cut. You might want to check out the archives at TechTV.com and see what Yoshi has to say about case mods, he's done a few in his time...

3. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann Thread Starter

thanks, i will do that. i tried a second time with the dremel, but this time i used a dremel brand (instead of the black and decker brand) attachment, and even though it will still take awhile, it works alot better. jig saws are not that expensive, just for a plain one, right? maybe 40 bucks or so???

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/189823

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice